The Health Sciences Library proxy bookmarklet gives you access to resources licensed by the Health Sciences Library even when you are not coming from a recognized UA IP address. While accessing content through our website is always the most effective way to access our licensed content, we recognize that links to ebooks, articles, and journals come from many different sources like Google or your email.
If you've arrived at a URL that you are interested in, like a journal article on a website that is asking you for payment, you can try clicking on the Health Sciences Library proxy bookmarklet from your bookmarks/favorites (instructions below). If the Health Sciences Library licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
Let us know how this bookmarklet works for you. We do know that the bookmarklet doesn't always work in PubMed and are working on that.
Health Sciences Library proxy bookmarklet
Add this link as a bookmark, preferably on your bookmarks bar.
1. Use the iPhone's, iPad's, or iPod Touch's copy feature to copy the entire following line of text:
2. Then, tap the action button at the bottom of the screen (iPhone, iPod Touch) or to the left of the location bar (iPad) and then tap Add Bookmark. Save the bookmark to your iPad or iPhone's Bookmarks folder.
3. Lastly, you need to Edit the Bookmark. Tap the bookmarks button at the bottom or top of the screen (depending on your device). Find the bookmark you just saved (it should be called "Health Sciences Library proxy bookmarklet | Arizona Health Sciences Library") and hit the Edit button. Choose the Health Sciences Library proxy bookmarklet and edit the URL on the second line - change the entire URL to the text you copied from above (you should just be able to paste it in if you copied it in step 1). Tap Done until you have saved the edited bookmark.
4. Now, as explained above, when you are using your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and follow a link to a web page that you think the library might provide access to, just tap the Health Sciences Library proxy bookmarklet bookmark from that web page. If you have not already authenticated, you will be prompted for your UA NetID and password and if the Health Sciences Library licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
1. Open the device's web browser.
2. Use the device's copy feature to copy the entire following line of text:
3. Bookmark this page by clicking on the menu icon, then click on Bookmarks, and then click "Add Bookmark"
4. Lastly, you need to Edit the Bookmark. In the Add Bookmark window, click on the Location field. Press the Delete key (i.e., the keyboard button with an "x" in a white arrow). Then click in the Location field again. In the Edit text window, select Paste to paste the text you copied from step 2. Select OK.
When you are off campus, the best way to access articles from library-licensed resources is to use the Health Sciences Library website to access the content you're looking for. However, we know that this is not always the way things happen. Sometimes you try to access an article without starting at the Health Sciences Library website. So first, make sure you have the bookmarklet installed. Then, if you are off campus and have found an article you're interested and have not navigated through the Health Sciences Library website,
If you are on a laptop or desktop computer:
If you are on a mobile device: