Reservable group study rooms
Faculty, staff and students in the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Public Health can now reserve some of our group study rooms online:
2150A,2150B,2150C,2150D, and 2150E
We give priority to groups of 2-4 people with reservations for these rooms. You can reserve for up to 4 hours and hold 4 reservations at a time.
Reserve a group study room
Study rooms (2nd & 3rd floors)
Individual and small group study rooms can also be checked out at the information desk by faculty, staff, and students affiliated with UA Health Sciences.
- Room keys are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no advanced reservations.
- You may renew a room only once if there is no 'wait list.' Check with a staff member at the Information Desk for room renewals.
- Markers and erasers will be supplied upon request if not already located in the room.
- Rooms are checked out for a 4-hour period.
- Some rooms are larger and designed for group study and are checked out to groups of 2 or more people. A single individual may check out a room if there are rooms available and there is no 'wait list.' Exceptions are 2150X, 3150D, 3150H, 3152, and 3154, which always require 2 or more people.
- Rooms may be left unoccupied for up to 60 minutes without surrendering the room. Do not leave the library with your room key. You must place the room key in the hold basket at the Information Desk if you leave the library for even a few minutes. Failure to comply with this library policy may result in privileges being revoked.
Conference rooms (2150M, 2150N & 2150P)
Rooms are equipped with large computer screens. Three or more people must be present for check out.
Procedures for "wait list"
When all group study rooms are checked out, library staff will begin a ‘wait list’ and place a sign at the Information Desk. The following procedures will automatically go into effect to facilitate equitable sharing of this popular resource:
- If you have a room key in the hold basket for over 30 minutes, you will receive an email asking you to relinquish the room for the benefit of study groups on the wait list. You or another member of your study group must return within 30 minutes to retain claim to the room. If the room continues to remain vacant, your belongings may be removed and stored in a safe place for later retrieval.
- If you have exceeded the check-out period of 4 hours, you will receive an email asking you to relinquish the room for the benefit of others. Immediately return the room key to a staff member at the Information Desk. You may renew the room at the discretion of library staff.
- Large rooms will only be checked out to groups of 2 or more people. Two people must remain in the room during the checkout period.
- Individuals who want to be put on the wait list must give their contact information to a staff member at the Information Desk. When a room is available, a text and/or email will be sent to the first individual on the wait list. ;There is a 20 minute time period to claim the room before the opportunity is given to the next individual on the wait list.
- Do not leave valuables in the room unattended. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Report any abnormal temperatures to the Information Desk.
- Do not move furniture into or out of the study rooms.
- Observe the Health Sciences Library snack & beverage policy. Clean up all messes and discard trash before exiting.
- Be careful to keep voices low. Study rooms are not soundproof and discussions, even in normal voices, may disturb other users.
- Please erase all markings on the whiteboard when you leave the room for the day. Marks left on whiteboards for extended periods may stain permanently.
- Turn off the lights and close the door when leaving.
- Return the group study room keys to a staff member at the Information Desk.
Consideration of your fellow users and cooperation with these policies are greatly appreciated.