Library Computer Lab
At the Phoenix campus:
At the Tucson campus:
The computers in the Computer Lab offer curriculum-based programs, statistical software and general productivity applications, as well as access to the Internet through the campus network. There are also scanners and printing available.
- Computers & Equipment
- Computer Lab Software
- UA Computer Policies
- Related Links
You must have a current UA CatCard, UA Health Network identification or AHSL library card and fall within one of the following categories:
- Student, staff or faculty of the UA College of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy or Public Health
- UA Health Network staff
- Health care practitioner with an AHSL Community Card
To request temporary computer lab privileges for visiting AHSC faculty, contact the Assistant Director for Services.
Every computer in the Lab has Microsoft Office (2010PC/2011Mac) and an Internet browser installed. See Computer Lab Software for a directory of the additional software that is loaded on each computer.
Windows PCs & Scanners
There are 31 Windows-based PCs.
Three color scanners are available, all offering text conversion (OCR) and graphical scanning software, as well as various image editing programs.
The lab has 4 iMacs. To use an iMac, first go to the Information Desk:
- Check out keyboard and mouse. Return items to the Information Desk when finished.
- Staff at the Information Desk must log users in.
- Important: Printing is not yet available from the iMACs.
Important: Do not save your work on a lab computer as it will be deleted on reboot. Save your work frequently and use USB memory sticks or other storage devices to store your data or send files to your email account.
Information Desk staff are available for assistance.
Payment may be made with a UA CatCard or coins/cash. Add value to your CatCard by using the computers in the lab. Login to CatCa$h to start the process. Visitor cards for non-UA users may be obtained from the AHSL Information Desk. Use the Guest/Visitor Login to add value to the card.
For high quality or volume color prints at reduced prices, submit your job online to Copy Technology Services.
- To print a document (PC only at this time), use the print command for the application you are in.
- A dialogue box will appear prompting you to enter your name. You may type in your name or anything that will help you to recognize your print job.
- Another dialogue box will ask you to assign a password to your print job. This is optional. If you assign a password, you must type it twice.
- Go to the UniPrint wordstation. On the monitor, locate your print job and select it. The program will display the number of pages and cost for your print job.
- Insert a UA CatCard or cash/coin in an amount sufficient to pay for your print job and click the PRINT button. Your print job will be printed and any change will be deposited in the change slot.
Computer and network resources are provided for legitimate academic, administrative and health information-related purposes which further the mission of the University. The computer lab is subject to all relevant UA policies. Failure to abide by these policies may result in the revocation of privileges.
- Acceptable Use of Computers and Networks
- UITS Email Policies
- Electronic Privacy Statement
- UA Information Security Policy
Check out an AHSL iPad (new iPads on loan for qualified AHSC faculty, staff and students)
C.A.T.S. (UA Bookstore's Computer & Technology Store)
IRC (College of Nursing Instructional Resource Center)