- Faster than UAPublic (1 mbps – 54 mbps)
- Secure, encrypted connections.
- Available to all UA affiliates with NetID and password
- Provides an “on campus” IP address..
- Set up your laptop
UAPublic - free and open to everyone, no setup necessary
- Not as fast as UAWiFi, (256kb limit)
- Not secure -- unencrypted
- Allows connection to the Internet without NetID and Password
- IP address shows as "off-campus" so authentication is required to access library and other UA resources
- Currently the only access method available for handhelds (e.g. PDA, WinCe)
- Restricted to allow only web-browsing and VPN connections
- Connect to UA Public
- Create UA NetID account
- Register with your NetID and Password
- Update your Anti-virus software
- Configure your computer to use UAWiFi
- Access is available to everyone through the UAPublic wireless network.
- For UAWiFi, contact your department/college about getting a NetID and Password.
UAHN employees are not eligible for a NetID -- use the UAPublic network.
Handhelds, PDAs and smartphones
Most smartphones and PDAs should have access to UAPublic. For access to the encrypted UAWiFi network, see UITS PDA/Smartphone Support page.
Known Connectivity Problems
- Intel Proset wireless adapter and configuration program:
- It is advised that you uninstall the Intel program and use the Windows program (Windows Zero Config) to configure the wireless setting.
- Some Dell computers with Trumobile wireless adapters
- WPA2 and WEP settings are swapped. You will need to manually reset the connection. Once you connect o UAWiFi, your system will cache your credentials indefinitely. If you need to change the login, it is required that you remove and re-create the network definition completely.