UpToDate FAQs

Am I eligible to use UpToDate?

UpToDate is available on the UA campus and to current UA students and faculty from any off-campus location. Clinicians may opt to have their usage tracked for CME/CE purposes by creating an UpToDate Anywhere account.


  • UAGuest WiFi access to UpToDate is not available (except via an UpToDate Anywhere personal login).

  • UA VPN access to UpToDate is not available.

  • Most DCC associate faculty and DCC affiliate faculty should obtain access to UpToDate via their hospital or clinical site. UA's UpToDate license includes access only by community preceptors and other faculty members who do not already have access to UpToDate. Off-campus access to most other digital resources licensed by the UA remains available to all DCCs, regardless of clinical affiliation.

If you have any questions or problems regarding UpToDate access, contact us.

Can I use UpToDate if I'm a Banner employee?

Yes, see services for Banner-UMC.

How do I get the UpToDate mobile app?

See UpToDate Anywhere & mobile app.

How do I reverify my UA affiliation for the UpToDate mobile app?

For continued direct access to UpToDate using your personal login (UpToDate Anywhere) when off campus, you may be prompted to reverify your UA affiliation about once every 90 days. This means you may periodically need to log in to UpToDate from the UA campus or from off campus using the reverification login link.

Can I access the UpToDate app on more than one device?

Yes, you can log in to the UpToDate app on up to two mobile devices.

How do I change the devices I use for accessing the UpToDate app?

You can make changes by following these steps:

  1. Log in to your UpToDate account on a computer (cannot be done through UpToDate app).
  2. Select the "My Account" tab then select "Manage Devices".
  3. You will see the devices on which you can currently access the UpToDate app. Select "De-activate" (logout) to remove a device.
  4. You can now download the UpToDate app on a new device and log in to access content.

Where can I go for more help?