UpToDate Anywhere allows UA faculty, staff, and students to go directly to UpToDate from anywhere using your personal UpToDate account.
The UpToDate mobile app allows UA faculty, staff, and students to access UpToDate from up to two mobile devices (i.e. tablets and smartphones).
1. Go to UpToDate. Sign in with your NetID and password, if prompted, to get into UpToDate.
Note for UA users: If you already use UpToDate to track CME/CE credits, use this link for this step to associate any previously tracked CME/CE credit with the personal UpToDate account you are creating.
2. Once you are in UpToDate, click on the red "Log In/Register" button in the top right corner or click "Want the UpToDate mobile app? Register Now" link below the search box.
Note: If you are doing this on a tablet or smartphone, you may automatically be pushed to the UpToDate legacy mobile site and might not see the red "Log In" button or "Register Now" banner. If so, click on the “Log In” (or “Log Out”) button near the upper left corner of the screen. That should take you to a web page that provides a Log In/Register option. If you are confused (and who wouldn't be), contact us.
3. Register and create a username/password on the UpToDate site. Once registered, you will be able to access UpToDate directly using your personal UpToDate login from any web browser and via the UpToDate mobile app on up to two mobile devices.
Note: After you’ve registered, you will receive an email confirmation from UpToDate that provides instructions for downloading the UpToDate mobile app.
4. Follow the instructions in the registration confirmation email to download the UpToDate app to your mobile device(s). The UpToDate mobile app is available for Android and Windows 8 phones and tablets and for iPhones and iPads.
5. Open the app and sign in with your UpToDate username/password.
6. Use the mobile app anywhere you have an internet connection.
For continued direct access to UpToDate (“UpToDate Anywhere”) using your personal account when off site, you are required to verify your UA affiliation at least once every 90 days. This means you must regularly log in to UpToDate using your UpToDate login/password from: