You shared your ideas for updating our space, and we listened.
We're excited to announce that the Health Sciences Library refresh project is underway.
About the project
The project will last approximately two to three months and affects various areas of the library on different days and times. Most of the work will occur Monday through Friday, from 5am-3:30pm. Visitors can expect paint fumes and noise during the project work, which includes:
- painting the inside of the study rooms
- new glass whiteboards for some study rooms
- refinishing and/or replacing tables and chairs in several study rooms
- minimizing the sound of doors closing with a different latching mechanism
- full wood doors updated with glass panes
- replacing some of the old window coverings
- upgrades to power the tables in the group study rooms on the 2nd floor
- upgrades to the lighting in all of the study rooms
This refresh project is the first phase in a longer-term effort to plan for more substantive upgrades for the facility. Later this month, we will launch an 18-month collaboration between the Health Sciences Library and the College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture through the Drachman Institute, working with our stakeholders to reimagine and re-envision our library for the future.
Alternative study spaces in the Health Sciences Innovation Building
The Health Sciences Innovation Building may provide an alternative study space for you during the week from 7am-7pm. University of Arizona Health Sciences affiliates can reserve these study rooms.
Plan your visit
Visit our Refresh Project Health Sciences Library page for the most up-to-date information to plan your visit.
For more information, contact Annabelle Nuñez at email@example.com.