Current scheduled work:
Starting 10/19/2022- all study rooms on the 2nd floor and some study rooms on the 3rd floor (3148, 3152, and 3143) will be prepped for painting. This may involve the temporary removal of white boards from the walls in those areas.
Currently there is painting work in 2150U, 2150V, 2150W, and 2150X.
Complete scope of refresh project:
You shared your ideas for updating our space, and we listened. The Health Sciences Library (HSL) is excited to announce that the Health Science Library refresh project will begin soon. We anticipate it will start on Wednesday October 12th.
The work will include the following:
- painting the inside of the study rooms
- new glass whiteboards for some study rooms
- refinishing and/or replacing tables and chairs in several study rooms
- minimizing the sound of doors closing with a differing latching mechanism
- full wood doors updated with glass panes
- replacing some of the old window coverings
- upgrades to power the tables in the group study rooms on 2nd floor
- upgrades to the lighting in all of the study rooms
The project work will last approximately two to three months and affect various areas of the Library on different days and times. Most of the work will occur Monday through Friday, from 5:00 am to 3:30 pm. The smell of paint and moderate noise is to be expected during the refresh project period.
During the week, from 7 am to 7 pm, the Health Sciences Innovation Building (HSIB) may serve as an alternative location to study for you. Any University of Arizona Health Sciences affiliates can reserve these rooms.
This refresh project is the first phase in a longer-term effort to plan for more substantive upgrades for the facility. Later this month, we will launch an 18-month collaboration between HSL and the College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture (CAPLA) through the Drachman Institute, working with our stakeholders to reimagine and re-envision HSL for the future.
Work completed so far:
- Replaced carpet in rooms 2143, 2147, and 2150X.
- Repainted 2143 & 2147.